Frequently Asked Questions
• Where is the training held?
Our address is 6 Eagle Center, O'Fallon, IL 62269. We are located off Green Mount Rd, just north of Hwy 50. All of our classroom training is held at this location, while our live fire qualifications are conducted at the Rifle & Pistol Club in Highland, IL.
• Do students require a FOID card prior to attending class?
No. However, a FOID will be required before submitting a Concealed Carry application to the state.
• Does military service qualify for prior training credit?
Yes. "United States Armed Forces” shall, for purposes of Section 75 of the Act, include all branches of the U.S. Military, as well as the Federal Reserve Components and National Guard.
• Why are some dates on the schedule not available for purchase?
This can occur when all of the class seats have been reserved or purchased.
• How much ammunition is required for qualification?
A total of 30 rounds are required for qualification. However, we advise students to bring at least 50-100 rounds.
• Do students need their own firearm, or are they provided?
Students are encouraged to bring in their own handgun for training and qualification. However, we can provide handguns and ammunition for an additional fee.
• How many seats are available in each class?
We limit each Conceal Carry class to 16 students. However, our classroom can accommodate up to 30 students for other courses and seminars.
• Will students receive a Concealed Carry License upon completion of the course?
No, students will receive an endorsed Illinois State Police training certificate, which is required for application of an IL CCL. This process will be covered in class.
• How long does it take to get my Concealed Carry License?
After successful completion of the application process, the state has 90-120 days to issue a license. (Fingerprint submission is optional for expedited processing of license application with the state.)
• Is fingerprinting included in the class?
No, fingerprinting is not included in the class. The state of IL does not require fingerprint submission for issuance of a CCL license.
• What states honor the IL Concealed Carry License?
A resident IL Carry License is currently honored in 27 states Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, and Wisconsin.
• How much does it cost to apply for an IL Concealed Carry License?
The state of IL requires a $150 fee for residents and $300 for non-residents for a 5 year license.
• How do I schedule training using a voucher?
Simply select the 16 hour CCL course at shop.keepcalmcarry.com and select "Voucher" for the payment method during checkout. Then enter the voucher number in the "Comments" section.
• Feel free to contact us at 618-795-1870 with further questions.